The new normal consists of wearing a face mask every single day when you go out of your home. No matter where you are in the world, you will be asked to wear a face mask especially surgical face masks because it is safe for you and your health. The main reason why doctors and medical professionals advise the people to wear a surgical mask is for us to avoid getting in contact with people who have diseases or for us to avoid spreading germs and viruses to other people that we come in contact with.
Basically, a surgical mask is used for surgery but is now considered to be worn even when you just go out and buy essentials for your home such as food, water, vitamins and other things. This is a kind of face mask that is hospital-grade; this means that this has a great protection for you and for everyone who is going to use it. There was a time during this pandemic that this type of mask is widely unavailable wherever you go. Luckily, the production of these masks is now steady and are now back to normal and everyone can now purchase surgical masks to protect themselves when they step out of their homes.
To give you a guide on one should properly wear and remove a surgical mask, this article is made for you. If you are interested in staying safe amidst this pandemic that the world is experiencing, keep on reading this special article made especially for you:
Putting on surgical masks
- Make sure that your hands are clean before you start the process of putting on surgical masks. Make sure that you have washed your hands with soap and water to disinfect it.
- Take the surgical mask out of its container while making sure that the mask is in good condition.
- It is important that you identify the top of the surgical mask. You could easily identify this because you should find a bendable portion which you could use to shape the mask to your nose so that it would be more comfortable for you to wear for longer periods of time.
- Since surgical masks have ear loops, this is where you should hold the mask while you put it on to your face. Always remember that you should never touch the part or portion that would touch your lips and nose.
- Adjust the positioning of the face mask after putting it to your face. This is important so that you could make sure that a part of your mouth or nose is not sticking out in the surgical mask.
Removing surgical masks
- Again, the first step is to make sure that your hands are disinfected and it is free from any dirt.
- The advice that you should not forget is to never ever touch the front portion of the surgical mask. You should only touch the ear loop of the mask.
- Make sure that you dispose your used surgical mask correctly.
- Clean your hands again after removing your surgical mask.
If you follow these very detailed instructions, you will be safe from any virus every single time you get out of your home.